Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Fresh Ingredients


This is some of our harvest last year from our garden. I love the fresh tomatoes and the green peppers were very tasty. This past summer was cold and rainy so we didn't have much to harvest. Next spring I'm going to concentrate on lots of herbs and tomatoes. I have sage and rosemary plants that we harvest through the winter. I'll probably dry the ones that won't last through the winter. I'm also trying to avoid processed foods and make tomato sauces. I've cut down using canned items. My goal is to shop local food markets and perhaps can some items. I haven't canned before, but want to try and store up in the winter time. Just like people used to do it alot. I love the freshness when you make dinners from scratch. Jeannie and I even dislike going out to eat because it isn't homemade or even fresh sometimes. I love my old dishpans I've found and use them to harvest and wash vegetables.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! LOVEEEE the new site! :) Can't wait to follow!

    ReplyDelete