Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Enchilada Cassarole

I like this Enchilada recipe. You could add chicken easily, but I make it with black beans. Sometimes I use tomato enchilada sauce or the Verde/Green style sauce. It's filling and would be good with a salad and tortilla chips. I usually use dry beans and cook them quickly in a pressure cooker. It takes about 15-20 minutes to cook them. I love the pressure cooker.

Corn Tortillas
15 oz can of black beans or cooked dry beans
Large size can of Enchilada Sauce
1 can of diced tomoatoes, I like fire roasted tomatoes
1 small can of green chilies, fire roasted
shredded cheese enough to cover each layer
season with cummin, salt and pepper, each layer

In a 13 x 11 pan layer with corn tortilla on the bottom of the pan. Spread sauce and some tomotoes with cheese. Cover this layer with tortilla's and make another layer of sauce, cheese, chilies, tomatoes. Cover with tortillas and put cheese on top of last tortilla layer. Cook at 350 for about 30 minutes. Put on cookie sheet because mine dripped.

No comments:

Post a Comment